Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Heartbreak Diet Launch Party




The launch party was a whirlwind akin to being a bride--or if you got to dress up to give birth, perhaps that would be a more appropriate major-life-event to refer to. The restaurant Café du Soleil sits on the corner of Fillmore and Waller streets, and as it was an exceptionally beautiful and windless San Francisco evening, friends were spilling out onto the sidewalk. I felt greatful and overwhlemed by the number of people who rallied to support me and the publication of this book. I really tried to sign something personal to everyone, because almost everyone there was a friend or acquaintance. My kids were running around with their gang all evening. Thankfully my brother had come for the event and was able to take them home. When I returned at 1 AM (from dinner at Zuni!) the apartment looked like it was hit by a tornado, the boys were asleep on the living room carpet in front of the (still yabbering) telly, and my brother was snoring in his bed, lights blazing overhead. Ah, the bachelor life. My boys love their uncle!

The first picture is with Steve, my adorably kindhearted and everlastingly patient editor; second is the melee at the book-selling table and finally a view of Café du Soleil.

No comments: